Baby wipes are every parent’s best friend
Primarily designed to keep the baby’s bottoms clean and smooth, baby wipes are now used for every basic cleaning need. Be it baby pukes, wiping a mushy face, cleaning dirty hands. Forget that as an adult I use it all the time to remove my make up or for quick freshen up.
I have never moved out of my house without a pack! Even now when my daughter is 2.5 years old I always carry baby wipes in my handbag for emergency cleanups.
The Ugly truth about Baby Wipes
Baby wipes are no doubt super convenient but did you know that most baby wipes sold in the market are made from polyester, which not only pollutes seas and clogs drains if flushed down the loo, but takes hundreds of years to decompose on landfill. When I look back to our baby days I can easily say we were using up to 200-500 wipes a month (most packs had 72 wipes and we used 3-6 packs easily!). If only you can do the maths and think about how polyester baby wipes affects our environment!
Not to forget we use our baby wipes to clean the little hands and faces. With that much contact with my baby’s bottom (and hands, arms, and face!), I wanted to ensure that what I am using is soft, sensitive, and durable. So when I looked around for best natural, safe and non-toxic baby wipes, I found none! Standard baby wipes contain some nasty chemicals you might want to avoid on yourself, let alone on your baby. Things like parabens (a chemical preservative), fragrances (which can irritate baby’s sensitive skin), and a variety of other potentially nasty chemicals that you probably don’t want to rub all over your child. But I honestly didn’t find anything suitable so I carried on with the next best option.
How about a Toxin-Free Organic Bamboo Baby Wipe that is environment-friendly too?
But no more! One of my favourite baby products brand MamaEarth has launched their new Organic Bamboo based wipes! I wonder why no brand thought about this! We are in love with these fresh, organic, toxin-free environment-friendly baby wipes already!
Read on to know why you absolutely must get your hands on these wipes!
- At about Rs.3.45 each these wipes are very new to the baby wipes market and are by far the best available as per my experience.
- India’s first polyester free unbleached 100% organic bamboo based wipes, certified by Made Safe Organization. Bamboo fibre is more breathable than cotton fibre.
- They smell great, they are durable and soft, they are large enough for several passes over a dirty bum, and the company making them (Mamaearth) takes “sensitive” very seriously.
- A gentle blend of Aloe Vera, Shea Butter, Almond Oil and Lavender Oil gently cleanses and soothes baby’s skin. Perfect for cleaning messy hands, face and body.
- These are chemical-free, hypoallergenic, and are really great at reducing the risk of diaper rash. Perfect for sensitive skin, these leave a nice moist residue without any oily film left on the hands or bum.
- The texture of the wipe is soft and flexible, with a little bit of stretch so they don’t tear very easily. Thes absorb really well in fact.
- I loved the resealable packaging, which made it easy to keep the wipes fresh and moist without too much hassle. Usually, when you pull out a wipe, the next wipe comes out of the package a bit too much before letting the first one come loose; which means a decent portion of that next wipe will dry out after a few hours. But when we tested, Mamaearth packaging was 100% waste free. This also makes it Travel-Friendly.
- Topping our list is an earth-friendly biodegradable alternative to traditional polyester based wet wipes. Can’t get better than this!
For such an amazing product I honestly don’t mind paying Rs.249 for a pack of 72 wipes!
When we make the right choices we also give back to mother nature. Kudos to brands like MamaEarth for being extremely thoughtful about the products they launch!