- New Delhi – Rohtak – Sangrur – Moga – Amritsar – approx. 461 km (7.5 hrs)
- New Delhi – Sonepat – Panipat – Ambala – Ludhiana – Phagwara – Jalandhar – Amritsar – approx. 464 kms (8.25 hrs)
- New Delhi – Sonepat – Ambala – Chandigarh – Ludhiana – Jalandhar – Amritsar – approx. 500 kms (9 hrs)
You can download the route map below for reference:
The tour schedule as of October 2014 is as follows:
We spent some time sitting on the white marble surface surrounding the sarovar (pond). The reflection of Sri Haramnid Sahib in the pond was serene and batches of dark scaled fishes often surfaced up to gasp some fresh air.
- To relish every bit of the city, it is ideal to plan a trip during winters. End of November to end of January, unless you are ok with the heat and sweat
- You can time your visit to Golden Temple to witness some of the key ceremonies. To know more about the schedule across the year, click here
- Avoid long weekends as there are higher chances of the city and key tourist destinations getting over crowded
- Try to book the train journey’s in advance to ensure a confirmed booking
- For the Amritsar Heritage Tour, ensure that you confirm and book your spot in advance. You can also get some guidance on shopping destinations and eating joints from Mr. Davinder
- Ensure you follow the dress code – avoid Bermudas, Short Skirts/Short Pants. In short, keep yourself covered from shoulders to knees and also cover your head with a scarf or handkerchief.